The annual Australian Universities Rugby League (AURL) Interstate Challenge match between NSW and Queensland will be played at the North Sydney Oval, on Saturday 22nd of July 2023. The match will serve as the primary selection trial for the AURL Representative Team, for the upcoming 3 test tour against New Zealand, October 2023.
Expressions of interest are now invited from players wishing to be considered for selection in the 2023 NSW Universities team.
Applicants need to be aware of the following requirements:
– Student eligibility is as determined by Australian University Sport (AUS) Selection Criteria By Laws:
1. Player must be enrolled and currently proceeding in a course of study at university, TAFE, tertiary institution or recognised college, with current student enrolment number;
2. Upon selection he will be required to provide proof of (1) above for AUS acceptance ; and
3. He must remain compliant to (1) above for the duration of his selection commitment.
– Participation in the NSW Universities team is on a self-funded basis and all players expressing an interest must be prepared to commit to attending a training camp to be advised upon selection, also pay a levy of $590 prior to assist cover the cost of apparel, accommodation/meals, etc.
– In addition, in the event that the player is subsequently selected in the AURL team, he must also be prepared to commit the New Zealand tour above which will be played from the 17th to 26th of October 2023 and pay a participation levy (final cost to be determined and will be advised after the Interstate Challenge match).